What happens in the walled gardens, stays in the walled gardens
Advertisers connect marketing channels together to provide their audiences with the best experience. In today’s world, a true cross-channel program is imperative to measuring the performance of driving customers through the funnel; from discovering a product on one channel, to buying the product on another.
Advertisers often leverage Instagram Ads to influence searches on Google, television commercials to influence purchases on their website and even Facebook ads to drive purchases on Amazon. Working with a global retail brand, PMG used Facebook Ads to drive purchases on the advertiser’s Amazon online store. According to eMarketer, Amazon accounts for 42% of purchases made for brands discovered on Facebook, making this the most impactful strategy for their Facebook audiences.
PMG needed to develop a more efficient way to measure the full-funnel impact of their ads on Facebook in addition to their correlation analysis. While they could analyze the performance of their Facebook Ads along with other cross-channel strategies, and customer purchases on the brand’s online store, they were looking for a partner integration to expedite a holistic view and to measure the return on advertising within Amazon and Facebook.
Bridging the gap between eCommerce Advertising channels
Kenshoo sits in the middle of the world’s leading publishers and is the bridge that helps advertisers understand how other channels impact their marketing program.
This birthed a practical cross-channel approach that leverages external events and signals to fuel social advertising. Kenshoo already does this by bringing in signals from eCommerce to identify Facebook Ads that feature products that are trending on external sites and identifying highly engaged Search audiences to retarget on Facebook.
In the evolution of a practical cross-channel approach, Kenshoo worked closely with PMG to engineer a solution that would better enable their client to understand what happens after they drive their Facebook audiences to Amazon, alongside their campaigns driving to their owned site, in an environment that lends itself to agile optimizations. This not only helps them understand which Facebook Ads are leading to purchases on Amazon, but also to further support the value of running Facebook Ads to drive sales on Amazon.
Through a unique integration with Amazon, Kenshoo provided granular data to PMG, enabling them to identify which ads led to a purchase and how much revenue their Facebook campaigns generated from Amazon sales.
Two leading publishers are better than one
Not only did Kenshoo give PMG the insight to better understand the impact of their Facebook to Amazon campaign, but the insights driven actions helped to deliver superior campaign results.
- PMG delivered 150% higher ROAS for Facebook Ads driving to Amazon compared to Facebook Ads driving to the website
- PMG’s audience segmentations converted on Amazon through Facebook at a 450% higher rate than through the website
PMG’s client was very happy with this test result, and is planning to allocate further budget towards this type of campaign in the future.
PMG is a global independent digital company that seeks to inspire people and brands that anything is possible. Driven by shared success, PMG uses strategy, creative, media, and insights to deliver against its mantra of Digital Made for Humans™. Founded in Fort Worth, Texas and with offices in Austin, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, and London, PMG’s work for brands like Apple, Beats by Dre, Sephora, Old Navy, Google, Cirque du Soleil and OpenTable runs across 50+ countries globally and has received top industry recognition from Cannes Lions to Adweek Media Plan of the Year.
The client is a leading fashion brand based in the United States and partnered with PMG to increase revenue by driving effective sales online.
- PMG needed to develop a more efficient way to measure the full-funnel impact of their ads on Facebook in addition to their correlation analysis. They were looking for a partner integration to expedite a holistic view and to measure the return on advertising within Amazon and Facebook.
- Through a unique integration with Amazon, Kenshoo provided granular data to PMG, enabling them to identify which ads led to a purchase and how much revenue their Facebook campaigns generated from Amazon sales.
- Not only did Kenshoo give PMG the insight to better understand the impact of their Facebook to Amazon campaign, but the insights-driven actions helped to deliver a 150% increase in ROAS and 450% higher purchase rate.